I'm using those fatso zucchini I got at Lowe's Foods at their Produce-A-Palooza, which is a celebration of the finest produce from over 200 local farms. The zucchs are from Mt. Olive. They're local!
I love this recipe because my mom gave it to me years ago. It's not mine, I didn't make it up. It is one of the things that most say "summer" to me. It's quiche-y. Try it!
Even if you hate veggies, cheese makes everything better. I have even made mini versions of this for girls nights by putting little cresent rolls in muffin tins instead of a big quiche dish.
You'll notice my vodka soda in the background of some shots. Don't hate! It was a Saturday. It was hot. Vodka is the best summer drink. Mmmmm....vodka.
Zucchini Crescent Pie:
- 1 package Crescent Rolls
- 2 tbsp Yellow Mustard
- 2 lbs or 4 C sliced Zucchini (these 2 Fatso Zucchini worked just fine)
- 1 C chopped or sliced Red Onion
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Basil
- 1/4 tsp Oregano
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 8 oz shredded Mozzarella
- Mushrooms, if desired. I added 4-5 sliced semi-large Baby Bella Mushrooms
|2 fatso Zucchini! I got these at Lowe's Foods. They're local.|
2. Slice zucchini pretty thinly, then do the same with the red onion & mushroom if you're using them:
4. Combine spices in a small bowl. Pour over the veggies in the skillet.
5. While veggies cook, beat two eggs in a bowl. Add the 8 oz shredded mozzarella and mix together.
6. Open crescent rolls. Press rolls into a 10 inch quiche dish or pie plate. I use a quiche dish, it works best for me. Spread mustard on rolls, set aside.
7. When veggies are cooked through, drain off any excess water, and add mozzarella/egg mixture to pan. Mix to combine. Then, pour the veggie/cheese mixture into the prepared quiche dish.
8. DO NOT LET SIT! Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes, or until set and crust is browned. If you find your pie is soupy, bake longer for more "doneness." Enjoy!
Love Lowes Foods? Love Local Produce? Be sure to take our Produce-A-Palooza Pledge for a chance to win a $150 gift card to Lowes Foods.