Thursday, August 23, 2012

Big Time Blur

I hadn't seen a boy band since New Kids on the Block in 1989.  (Go ahead, laugh - I got them free from a radio station.)  My kids wanted to see Big Time Rush at Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion, so being the top notch dad that I am :), I got them tickets.



As I told Alli this morning, it was what it was.  Cheesy, glossy, girls screaming...just what you would expect. When the band asked the crowd, "What's your favorite Beatles song?  Scream it out in 3, 2, 1...", I could hear the crickets.  No, wait - that was the sound of little girls googling to see who The Beatles were on their smartphones.

My kids enjoyed it, but what really got them up and dancing was their new single, "Windows Down" which has the whole crowd screaming, "Woo Hoo!!!"

Does this sound familiar?


It should - it's the same music as Blur's "Song 2".


I found out that Blur is, in fact, on the songwriting credits - so Blur gets paid when screaming girls in 2012 think they are listening to a brand new song.  Which is a good thing...I guess.

Foster
Radio 96.1

No comments: