Monday, September 24, 2012

Living the Dream

I love to sing.  In the shower, on the street, in the studio, on the stage, wherever.  I'm not as shy as I used to be, but singing was always the thing I could hop on stage and do without the fear of public humiliation (even if I was, in fact, humiliating myself).

This past weekend, I sat in for guest vocals with two local bands - The Inlaws and Mark Roberts and The Occasionals.

Saturday afternoon featured a terrific open house event at Rock N Roll High School in Apex.


This music school has state of the art studios for lessons and its crown jewel, an auditorium with amazing sound and lighting - so the students can train and play in a true live setting. This is where The Inlaws and I did a set on Saturday afternoon.

Saturday night brought me to The Sports Page in Knightdale, where Mark Roberts from WRAL-TV and Capital Ford invited me to sit in with his band.  They handed me this when I walked in:


I knocked out songs 5 and 6 on the list, then they asked me to do a couple additional (Runnin Down a Dream and then "Kryptonite" from the second set list.)


Both bands have some dynamite musicians and there are surely worse things in the world than bopping around town on a beautiful Saturday to sing some of my favorite tunes.  Can't wait to do it again.

Foster
Radio 96.1

No comments: