Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Triangle Restaurant Week? Why Not?




The exterior of one of my favorite places to eat in Raleigh, Sitti.   Probably helps their cause that on their website, in the pics that flash thru, there's a pic of my birthday with all my friends 3 years ago.


One of my favorite weeks in the Triangle is upon us.  Why?  Because 85 different Triangle restaurants are participating in Triangle Restaurant Week, which kicked off yesterday (6/3.)

I love to try new restaurants and check out all the great local flavors that we have.  Restaurant week is something that was started in large cities, but seems to have caught on here.  Raleigh in particular has embraced the little city with a big city attitude thing, and I love it.  There's always something new going on, or opening, or a quirkly little shop popping up here or there.  And that's why I love Restaurant Week--it gives me a chance to try a new place, or one that was previously out of my price range, and you can try it, too!

With Restaurant Week, there are what they call Prix Fixe menus:  they offer you something from each course for a fixed price.  It's great, because you can get a literal soup to nuts experience at whatever restaurant you choose, and you can get it at a reduced rate.  Click here to see a list of restaurants that are participating this week.  You will be shocked at how cheap it is.  For example, just to make sure that the restaurant I featured above, Sitti, was in fact part of this week's festivities, I clicked on their Restaurant Week menu.  Does that say you get all that for $20?  TWENTY DOLLARS?!?  That can't be right...can it?


Go try something new!

Alli


Like Alli Morgan on Facebook, or follow her on Twitter

No comments: