Wednesday, October 24, 2012

When your favorite restaurant closes....

You could say I'm picky when it comes to selecting a Chinese food restaurant.

Ever have Chow Fun?


Most Americans have not, simply because it's a more authentic Chinese dish than, you know - Sweet & Sour Pork - and is difficult to find round these parts.

But I found it - and a myriad of other amazing dishes...like the greatest spring rolls ever, a 3 Cup Chicken that was to die for and a spicy shredded pork appetizer that knocked my socks off.

It was Fortune Palace, it was only 10 minutes from my home, and they even delivered! (sound of the heavens parting).

Alas, one day Alli told me she rolled up for take out and my beloved Fortune Palace on Brentwood Rd. was closed.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/fortune-palace-chinese-restaurant-raleigh

I've had other decent Chinese in Raleigh - notably 5 Star - but most take out places don't float my boat.

Any recommendations?

Foster
Radio 96.1

No comments: