Thursday, July 11, 2013

Jason Adamo is Leaving Raleigh

Alli with Doug Casteen, Marshall Eure and Jason Adamo



When I moved to Raleigh in 2008, I didn't realize how vibrant the local music scene here really is.  I've been lucky to see lots and lots of local acts, both good and bad.  But for some reason I've always felt a connection to the Jason Adamo Band. 

Jason and I first met when he played the grand opening of a hair cutting place with us.  He's a great singer songwriter,and I was impressed with his vocals and song writing abilities--plus, let's be honest:  I'm jealous of anyone who can impressively play the guitar since I have ZERO skills in that department.  He's got a song that got some airplay around here called, "Raleigh Nights" and I think it's one of my favorite songs--I didn't grow up here, and neither did Jason, yet that song captures the bittersweet ending to an awesome night in Raleigh, which I have had the actual experience of many times.  I love it. In fact, I love it so much I'm going to have it played at my wedding, one way or another.  (Yes, I'm trying to goad Jason into coming back and playing, but the man's got to make a living, you know?)

Since I first saw him perform, I've taken my fiance and our friends to see Jason play out at different Raleigh locations.  Everyone I've taken to see him play has been summarily impressed. His originals are amazing and he's great at throwing a cover in there, too, if that's what you're in the mood for.  But a good thing can't always last, right? 

Jason is doing what he should do as a singer-songwriter:  he's moving to Nashville.  To ask why would be dumb:  that's like asking why water is wet.  You have one HUGE chance to go see him this weekend at his farewell bash at Piper's Tavern on Falls of Neuse in North Raleigh.  It's free, starts at 6, will have a beer garden and bbq and other food for sale, and there were be lots of people playing--all friends of Jason's and all amazing Raleigh musicians in their own right. 

Jason stopped by today to chat and played me a few songs, including my favorite, "Raleigh Nights."  Hear the interview at the link, where you can hear him play and talk about an awesome project and coffee table book he was involved in:

Jason Adamo's Final Interview with Alli Morgan




JAB in the Noise Under The Apple






And, see video from his little private session for me here:

Jason Plays Raleigh Nights


It's safe to say I'll miss him.  But I also have a feeling we'll hear from him again soon--Nashville's got a brand new star on its hands.


Alli


Like Alli Morgan on Facebook or follow her on Twitter



















No comments: