Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Dad Blog #2

"The Dad Blog" is brought to you by "Dads", Tuesday nights at 8 on Fox50

I kinda remember Sundays.

Sundays in the Fall used to be the day when we did nothing.  Nothing glorious nothing.  Sleep in, go to brunch, lay on the couch and watch football.  All...day...long.



Every once in a while, when I get frustrated, I pine for those days - which are long gone now that I have children.  But mostly, as was the case this past Sunday, I realize just how awesome Sundays are now.

Saturday morning, I took my son to Lego Club at Crabtree Valley Mall.



Saturday night, I led my first Cub Scout Campout as Scoutmaster.  Sunday morning, I took the kids to Sunday School and got in a couple hours of playing basketball.  Sunday afternoon, the family took a bike ride to the park on a beautiful sunny day.  And believe it or not, I still had time to watch a little football.

As exhausting as it was, I wouldn't trade the "dad" version of the weekend for the "Sunday on the couch" version for anything.

Foster
Radio 96.1

No comments: