Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Local Singer on NBC's The Voice: Is This Where I Said I Told You So?

Over a year ago, I wrote a blog for this very site and gushed over a singing powerhouse from Raleigh, named Kat Robichaud.  I said that I had heard so many great things about her, that her voice was deep and different and unlike any other.

Then, this past Monday night, I turned on the TV to watch the Blind Auditions on NBC's The Voice.  I love the blind auditions because they force the judges to listen to the voice and not be swayed by what the person looks like.  It's a great concept, but I digress.  I turned on the TV, and saw this:












Kat Robichaud.  THAT IS KAT ROBICHAUD. On The Voice.  And, she killed it.  Is this where I say, "I told you so?"


Kat sang "I've Got the Music In Me" from the Kiki Dee Band.  She had judges fighting over her, because she is awesome.  She eventually chose Team Cee-Lo, and will move on past the Blind Auditions.

Watch Kat KILL IT here:




Whether or not Kat will go far remains to be seen.  But it's nice to see local, hard-working talent get their day.  Kat's since had write-ups in both Entertainment Weekly  and on MTV.com, and I'm sure will have many more.

So, join us in saying good luck to Kat--the competition's going to be stiff, but we have a feeling she knows what she's doing.


Alli

Like Alli Morgan on Facebook, or follow her on Twitter.

No comments: