Thursday, June 7, 2012

Design Your Thursday Night Around This Band





I think I've made it pretty clear over the years here in Raleigh that I love music.  I love all kinds of music.  And, I'm lucky in that I get sent a lot of music from a lot of local artists, so I get to check out all kinds of things. 

One of the bands that has caught my ear recently are The Design.  But it's not just their glam-rock influenced sound that gets me--it's the fact that this is one of those Raleigh bands that has street buzz.  A few weeks ago, I was having drinks with a friend at a bar downtown, and was introduced to some folks who, like me, love music.  And, who, unlike me, actually play music and are quite good at it.  We got chatting about local artists, and suddenly, The Design's frontwoman, a singing powerhouse named Kat Robichaud, came up.  My new musical friend went on and on about how awesome Kat is, how different her low voice is, and how she's a powerhouse.  And, he's right.  Kat's voice, which is different than anything I've heard before, gives the band an edge that a lot of local bands just don't have.   You can check out The Design TONIGHT, as they headline a three-band bill at the Lincoln Theatre.  The all-ages show starts at 8.  Why not go and check out one of Raleigh's hardest working local bands, and expose your kids to quality rock and roll, too?  Get tickets at the door, and go be blown away by The Design.

Get an early taste of The Design on their Facebook page, here.



Alli


Like Alli Morgan on  Facebook, or follow her on Twitter.

No comments: