Friday, June 22, 2012

Alice and Barbeque

I'll be honest - the greatest thing about my job is the perks.

I've seen so many concerts over the years, there aren't many artists that I can think of that I haven't seen.  The reason for that is that I've made a special effort to see classic singers and bands before it's too late.  I've seen most of my favorites - Paul McCartney, U2, The Rolling Stones, Elton John, Van Halen, Robert Plant, and Aerosmith, to name a few....but I've never seen Alice Cooper.


I'm not the biggest Alice fan in the world, but I do know that this guy is gonna give you your money's worth.  I get agitated these days when, as ticket prices keep rising, some bands just stand there and play with no effort towards entertainment value (yes, Kings of Leon, I'm talking to you).  So tonight, I'm definitely taking the opportunity to see Alice at Raleigh Amphitheater and I'll have the review for you on Monday.



Tomorrow from 2-5pm I'll be on Salem St in Downtown Apex for the Peak City Pig Fest, the only BBQ competition in the Triangle sanctioned by the Kansas City BBQ Society.  I don't know what that means, but it sounds important - although for some reason I'm picturing some guy from Bunn saying "We don't need no Kansas City types tellin' us how to do barbeque...."

Cooper and Cue - should be a fun weekend.  Hope to see you around town!

Foster
Radio 96.1

No comments: