Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Beer At The Movie Theater

When I moved here 9 years ago, I happened upon Mission Valley Cinemas and was stunned...no, shocked...to discover they served beer at the snack bar.  Not just beer, craft beer...and this was before the craft beer revolution hit the Triangle.



This past holiday weekend, I visited Six Forks Station Cinema to see "The Avengers".



Same owners as Mission Valley, and still serving good beer at incredible prices!  You expect to get ripped off at the movie theater - yet here you can get a 24 oz. Sierra Nevada for $6.  That's value, my friends.  They aren't the only theater selling beer, but all their prices, including food and the tickets themselves, are very reasonable - and they've done the nearly impossible...keeping an old theater relevant with first run movies in an era of fancy multiplexes.

You can take your long lines, overpriced candy, and tiny screens and stick em you know where.

I'll take my blockbuster flicks with a tall cold one, thank you very much.

Foster
Radio 96.1

No comments: