Friday, August 17, 2012

Get Out and See a Great Band!






The Triangle has been brimming with great acts this summer.  Whether you've hit up the Amphitheater, the Creek, Pour House, Cat's Cradle, Motorco, there are a ton of really cool spots to hear some great bands.  In the next two weeks, you will be able to get out and see at least two of the live bands I've blogged on before, plus a few others I really, really like.  Go have yourself a music experience!

This weekend, Matisyahu is live on the outdoor stage at the Lincoln Theatre.  Matisyahu broke through about 7 or 8 years ago, and became known as the Hasidic Reggae Superstar.  I saw him back in 2005 and wasn't sure what to expect.  He was nothing short of amazing--and I'll let you in on a little secret:  I don't even like reggae.  Tickets still on sale, via the Lincoln Theatre website.

Sunday, Meatloaf comes to DPAC.  In the mood for a theatric show?  This is it.  We flew a listener to see him in Boston last month and he said it was amazing.  Go.  Tickets at DPAC Website.


Next weekend, there are three bands I'm dying to see and I'm going to miss all of them.  (I will be in NYC--more on that next week.)

First of all, The Dirty Names, who I recently blogged here about, will be live at the Pour House in Raleigh with another band that's made this space before, The Design.  It will be straight up rock and roll, and I'm telling you, people, The Dirty Names are a sound to behold.  Coupled with The Design and the raunchy, raw vocals of lead singer Kat Robichaud, and you will have an awesome time.  Show starts at 9 on Sunday the 26th, and it's only $8.

Across town on the same night, Band of Horses is playing with My Morning Jacket at Raleigh Amphitheater.  I am not an MMJ fan, but I love me some BOH.  I've been dying to see them live ever since a good friend introduced me to them last year.  Guess what?  I won't get to see them because I'll be in NY--but you can!  Tickets are available via Live Nation.

These are shows I can personally give my stamp of approval to.  Now, get out there and go fill your ears with good sounds!


Alli


Like Alli Morgan on Facebook, or follow her on Twitter

No comments: