Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig




Thanks to RaleighSkyline.com for the pic!


I went away last weekend to see my family in NJ, but truth be told:  I am glad to be home.

I don't just feel that way because I like to have my things around me, or I missed my pets.  I feel that way because I noticed while I was gone, I spent a lot of time extolling the virtues of the Oak City to people.

There was not just my family, but my friends, and I spent a good hour in the bar of a hotel in Washington, DC chatting with a woman from Raleigh about Raleigh.  How the city has grown, where it will go.  The woman used to work for the Fire Dept. on Poole Road, so we chatted about the city and how much fun you can have there, all the while trying to convince her companion at the bar that the Triangle is awesome.

There's a reason why we have been voted the best place in America to live so many times by so many publications.  It's because people don't realize what a sleeping gem we have.  Great restaurants, bars, people, weather, you name it.  And I just couldn't shut up about it this past weekend, to anyone who would listen.

That's why coming home is so great.

I'm lucky to live in a place I really like.  As much as I often miss my family and friends up North, Raleigh is definitely home.  I won't be going anywhere for a long while.

Alli


Like Alli Morgan on Facebook, or follow her on Twitter.

No comments: