Friday, January 18, 2013

Bryan Adams! Yessssss!

In the summer of 1985, when I was 12, I was introduced to the ultimate power ballad.

You know it.  You know you've sung along to it.  And it's the one song that made me fall in love with Bryan Adams.



Maybe it's cheesy now, but Heaven is part of an entire year that I spent discovering music because my parents had gotten me a stereo for Christmas the year before.  I remember the window air conditioner blasting, my friend Aisha and I singing along to that Bryan Adams powerhouse and wondering: would I ever get to fall in love the way Bryan Adams must certainly have been when he wrote that song?  OMG!

After that, I really got into his album, Reckless, which is one of two on which that song appears.  I also got into some other really BAD 80s bands, but none of those guys bring back a great memory like a Bryan Adams song does for me.  That's why I'm beyond jacked to see him next Tuesday night with a super small amount of people at Progress Energy Center's Meymandi Concert Hall.  It's going to be acoustic, the setlist has been about 26 songs, and he plays EVERYTHING.  If it's on a soundtrack, he's playing it.  If it was a gigantic hit, he's playing it.  Don't believe me?  Check out the setlist from one of his shows before Christmas, right here.

I'm so excited, because seeing an artist in a room with just 1500 people is a really fun, unique experience.  I can't wait.


If you wanna go, you can get tickets now at Ticketmaster.  I hope I see you there!

Alli

Like Alli Morgan on Facebook, or follow her on Twitter.

No comments: