Monday, January 14, 2013

Working the NC Inaugural Ball

It was a great honor to be asked to work the North Carolina Governor's Inaugural Ball.

It is the kind of event that I believe you should say "yes" to regardless of your politics, because it's a celebration of our state that we love and share together.





Last Thursday, I attended a rehearsal and found my little booth, which was directly behind a curtain at the center of the stage.  I was the voice the crowd heard over the loudspeakers and my title was "Voice of God".


Now, I don't have the kind of voice I envision God having, but I figured the best thing I could do if I was going to carry that title around was not mess up.  So, in the hour leading up to the start of the gala ceremony, I gave warnings ("The gala will start in 10 minutes.  In respect of the person sitting near you, please turn off all cell phones").  I thanked sponsors as a video scroll played ("Rock The Ball sponsors.  Anheuser-Busch...").  Then, I introduced the MC's for the evening, Tisha Powell and Steve Daniels from ABC-11.


Tisha Powell and Steve Daniels from ABC-11 getting ready to rehearse

I think I did well - didn't trip over any words or mispronounce anything, which is about all you can hope for.

Congratulations to Deep South Entertainment and The Junior League for a terrifically produced event and thanks again for the honor.

Foster
Radio 96.1


No comments: