Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Jay and Silent Bob are coming here???

I was at the Subway on Brentwood Rd recently when I opened a copy of the Indy Weekly and saw a pic of Kevin Smith and Jason Mewes - better known as Jay and Silent Bob.

What was this all about, I wondered?  I love the Jay and Silent Bob movies - as children of the 80's, like me, they make constant inane references from the decade and (like me) have an unhealthy appreciation for bands that probably don't deserve the adoration.  Exhibit A, this quote from "Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back": "Presenting the greatest band in the world, MORRIS DAY AND THE TIME!!!"


It turns out that Smith and Mewes have a stage show called "Jay and Silent Bob Get Old" - which is bound to be awesome because a) they are my age and b) that's how I feel - like when the #1 post on Twitter after the Grammys was "Who is Paul McCartney"?

"Jay and Silent Bob Get Old" is playing the Carolina Theatre in Durham on March 15th.  I will be there. Will you? - Foster

No comments: