Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Where Have I Been, and Other Reasons I'm Late to the Jason Adamo Party






I'm a big fan of music, especially local musicians.  And, even though I've been in Raleigh for the last nearly 4 (!) years, I don't know why it's taken me so long to see Jason Adamo live. 

He has played for us many times here at Radio 96.1, but I always end up missing him for one reason or another, until last Summer.  Now, I take any chance I can get to see him.  He's always playing out--tonight, for example, you can catch him at Amra's on Glenwood starting at 9, and when he's in town he plays Hibernian on Tuesdays among other places.  He's got a soulful voice and does great covers and originals.  Plus, maybe he'll do you a solid and throw your name into one of the songs he's singing, like he did for me.  If he was looking to impress the people I was with, it worked.  They bought his album and sing his praises.  Good job marketing, Jason, good job.

I bring up Jason now, because he's got a new album coming out and he is trying to build up his Facebook fan page in order to promote it. He didn't ask me to promote it for him, but I'm such a fangirl I'm doing it.  Do Jason (and yourself) a favor and click this link to "like" him.

Jason Adamo's Fan Page

Then, go check out his video for one of his older songs, "Far Away,"  here.  See if you can spot all the Raleigh landmarks in it, just like in his other video for "Raleigh Nights."

"Bricks and Mortar," the new album will be out this Spring.  I've heard a sample of it, and it's great.  I hope he goes far.


Jason Adamo's last album, "Transistor," now available on iTunes.


Alli Morgan

No comments: