Tuesday, February 28, 2012

I'm A Sucker...For Homeless Pets

Earlier today, I saw this tweet pop up in my feed:



I thought to myself, "hmm...I like to walk.  I also would like to be a super hero, so long as I get to wear a cape."  So, I clicked the link, and it took me here:


The dog walk is coming!  The dog walk is coming!  


Last year, I had the honor of being one of the emcees for the K9 3k Dog Walk for the SPCA of Wake County.  It was such a fun day!  There are dogs everywhere, stuff for dogs (and owners, too!) to check out, water stations for your pets, and the streets of downtown Raleigh are turned into one big dog walk.  The SPCA of Wake County has been doing this walk for a few years, and it's helped them raise enough money to become no-kill.  

I love animals, I have two dogs and my Brit and I just adopted two super awesome cats from the SPCA of Wake County in December.   They do great things at the SPCA, from their low-cost spay and neuter clinic--which I have used--to their efforts helping to rescue local animals from hoarding situations, and everything in between.  You can help them keep up their great efforts by walking in the walk.  To sign your business up, your team up, or even just yourself and your dog (or even without your dog!)  click this link and do it.  Early birds even get a discount. 

Help homeless animals April 21st. Be a super hero, with or without a cape. 

Alli


Like Alli Morgan  on Facebook, or follow her on Twitter.

No comments: