Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I'm Supposed to do WHAT Today?

All over my Facebook feed today, I've seen things about today, February 29th, being Sadie Hawkins day.  Now, I thought that SHD was in November, firstly, but also I had NO idea it meant that I'm supposed to ask a man to marry me today.

Seriously.

Like, for real.

WHAT?

I'm not kidding, not even a little bit.  Here's the link someone put up to be checked out:

Sadie Hawkins Leap Day Ridiculousness

And then I read it and I realized why I had never heard it before:  I'm not Irish.  Not even a little bit, not even on St. Patrick's Day.  I'm Spanish, and we do a lot of dumb things like run with bulls.  So every nationality has their thing I suppose.  I had just never heard of this for Leap Day.  Does it mean that I give him a ring?  Do I have to get down on one knee?  Why am I even asking?  (Note to my lovely, patient boyfriend: don't worry.  I'm just asking these questions for the sake of asking.) 


Do you know anyone who indulges in this tradition?  Will you?

I Googled  both "Leap Day Events Raleigh"  and "Sadie Hawkins Day Events Raleigh" and nothing came up.  Well, maybe.  I'm not great at Googling, so there might  be a flash mob.  But I don't think so.  So, if you're going to celebrate, you'll need to make your own fun.

Happy Leap Day!  If you're out and about tonight in the Triangle, look around.  Maybe you'll see girls getting down on one knee. But probably not.

Alli


Like Alli Morgan on Facebook or follow her on Twitter.

No comments: