Wednesday, March 28, 2012

We're TV Stars! (And Excited About It, Too.)






Foster and I have had the privilege this week of being co-hosts with Valonda Calloway and Sharon Delaney on My Carolina Today on NBC-17.  Both of us are good at being radio hosts.  I can't speak for Foster, but I am certainly NOT good at being a TV host.

I've been on the show since Monday, and today's my last day.  Yesterday, I had no idea I was supposed to read the TelePrompTer.  Guess what?  I was.  Poor Valonda had to cue me in the middle of a segment, just like the amateur I am. 

It's hard work being on TV; it's hot, you have to wear lots of makeup, and my hair always looks terrible. Sharon and Valonda always look awesome and it's intimidating!   These ladies work hard to make My Carolina Today fun and interesting.  They write all their own copy, try to think of fun guests, and their producer, Kim, is always in their ear telling them to stop Chick Chatting and move on!  And, through it all, the entire staff couldn't have been more awesome, funny, and understanding that I have no idea what I'm doing.

I'll give you a little hint about my last show today:  I'm gonna eat Loco Pops and snuggle a puppy named Hailey.   Pretty much the best. Job. Ever.

Foster takes over from me tomorrow and Friday.  I hope he's better on the TelePrompTer than I am.  And, NBC 17?  If you ever need a co-host to be awkward, I'm your girl.

Alli


Check out NBC 17's My Carolina Today here.

Like Alli Morgan on Facebook, or follow her on Twitter.

No comments: